What are the different ways to add a document to your Wimi?

documents
Tags: #<Tag:0x00007f86df38f000>

(Support Wimi) #1

There are several ways to add documents to your Wimi:

• Drag and drop directly from your desktop
• Click the button “Add Files”
• Upload from Google Drive, Dropbox, Box and Evernote
• Send the document to the email address of a workspace
• Upload directly from Wimi Drive
• Upload from a mobile application

(Support Wimi) #2

(Support Wimi) #3

(Ricky Spears) #4

We are using Google Apps for Work integration.
There seems to be a bug with adding Google Docs and Google Sheets to the Wimi Documents area. Whenever I try to add either of these file types, I see a message that simply says, “Forbidden”. I have no problem adding pictures, and Microsoft Office documents that are stored in Google Drive. I tend to think that it’s a problem with the file extensions on these (or the fact that these filetypes don’t have extensions).

Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug? We rely heavily on Google documents, so this may be a deal-breaker for us.

Thanks,
Ricky

(Lionel Roux) #5

Dear Ricky,

Sorry for the late reply. Could you please confirm you still experiencing the issue? If it is the case, the technical team will jump on it. Thanks !

(Ricky Spears) #6

Lionel,

Thanks for the response. Yes. I’m still receiving the “Forbidden” message. When I try to add Google Docs filetypes.

(Alex Vecchio) #7

Hi Ricky,

Do you have write access on the google drive documents you are trying to import?

On my side, I have managed to import successfully google docs & sheets without any problem.

I might need to contact you directly to fully understand that issue.

Regards

Alex

(Alex Vecchio) #8

We are no longer able to produce the issue.
We keep an eye on it and we will investigate properly if that same issue occurs again.